Monday, April 30, 2007

Odontophobia

My dentist, Dr. Chan assured me at last week's consultation,
that everything will be fine… and judging from the way he was explaining the procedure, it was going to be routine for him.

Today was the day for
an extraction of a supernumerary molar.

Dr. Chan's office is on Van Ness @ Jackson, so I decided to take the California Cable Car. All of the City's public transportation today was free, due to the truck accident that happened early Sunday morning.

The procedure lasted less than 15 minutes. Four local shots were required. The first caused the most discomfort, the rest I barely even felt. After a 5 minute wait, to get numb, Dr. Chan said he was "just going to push around". Then, it was done.

The whole experience was really amazing. Everyone was so reassuring and the procedure was with the exception of the initial shot, pain free.

My extra tooth and odontophobia is now gone.

I even got a follow up call from Dr. Chan earlier this evening.
Do you need an extraction? Go to Dr. William Chan DDS.

No comments: